ProBed Medical Technologies Inc., is pleased to announce the introduction of its latest model of the Freedom Bed -Model PAR3-A3FXB – Bariatric.
Answering the call from both end-users and medical funders, ProBed Medical has introduced its wide-bodied model that can accommodate persons weighing up to 600 pounds while still providing all the many exceptional benefits of the existing models of the Freedom Bed:
- Smooth, quiet and precise movement.
- Programmable rotation to 30° both left and right, in one-degree increments.
- Three programmable lateral positions – left, centre and right.
- Choice of bypassing one of the above positions if deemed necessary for medical, or personal preference, requirements.
- A range of dwell-times, in each of the three positions, from one minute to four hours.
- Variable height platform - lowest level provides easy transfer to and from bed to wheelchair
- Trendelenburg and Reverse Trendelenburg positioning.
The Freedom Bed’s unique air system, located between the platform and the mattress provides virtually limitless positioning options.
The air system offers a unique opportunity for persons needing upper body elevation for respiration, reflux, feeding tube requirements to be automatically repositioned using either the programming feature or the ‘on demand’ manual capability. To our knowledge the Freedom Bed is the only medical bed in the world that provides this important feature.
Read more about this incredible range of beds built with these specific thoughts in mind:
1) The long-term care of immobilized persons.
2) Ability to live at home in comfort and with dignity.
3) A good night’s sleep, every night, for the user and family members (no more manual turning
4) Virtual elimination of many challenges faced by the immobilized such as, but not limited to,
pressure injuries (bed sores), bladder/urinary tract infections and pulmonary congestion
leading to pneumonia.
5) Resultant reduced hospitalizations and significantly lower medical costs
While checking out our website be sure to read the many testimonials from satisfied users of the Freedom Bed.
ProBed Medical has been building various models of the Freedom Bed for over 20 years and has gained the respect of the medical community and the thanks of users and their families.
The Freedom Bed is accredited as a ‘Class I Medical Device’ by Health Canada, the European Community and the Therapeutic Goods Administration of Australia. It is accredited as a ‘Class II Medical Device’ by the United States’ Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
"I tried the Freedom BedTM at someone else's home and immediately a smile rose to my face. I was able to independently control if I wanted to roll over or not, and my whole body DID turn."
DH – Concord NH - SMA Type II (Freedom Bed user since 2001)